It took Palace spokesman Harry Roque four days before he could secure a room at the Philippine General Hospital, he said on Thursday as he refuted claims that he had been given special treatment at the hospital.
“Nasa ordinaryong room po ako. Apat na araw po, it took four days before I could actually enter,” he said in a virtual presser.
Roque tested positive for Covid-19 last month.
He said it was only when his oxygen level went down to 90 that he was admitted, but he had nudged his doctors about the possibility of his hospitalization earlier.
Roque advised the public to contact first the government’s One Hospital Command Center before seeking Covid-19 beds to avoid delays.
“So ang alam ko po sa lahat ng public hospitals, ganiyan po ang polisiya [walang hindi ina-admit]. Karamihan ng mga tumatanggi po ay iyong mga pribadong ospital na limitado po iyong mga kama for Covid-19,” he said.
“Kaya ang advice po natin, contact po the One Hospital Command Center because that will save you from the trouble po of going from hospital to hospital, masasabi naman po kung saan kayo pupunta,” he added.
The country’s Covid-19 caselog surpassed 900,000 on Thursday. John Ezekiel J. Hirro