Malacañang on Thursday grieved over the victims of the fatal collapse of the old Loay-Clarin Bridge on April 27.
“We express our condolences to the families of the victims who perished with the collapse of a bridge in Loay town in Bohol. We likewise pray for the swift recovery of those who got injured,” acting Palace spokesman Martin Andanar said in a statement.
Andanar said the government would provide assistance to the families of the victims.
“Authorities are currently conducting an investigation even as we assure everyone, especially affected residents and communities, of government assistance,” he added.
The collapse killed four individuals and injured 17 others.
Twenty-three individuals have been rescued so far.
According to the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council, the bridge, which was damaged in a 2013 earthquake, could have collapsed as a result of overloading. John Ezekiel J. Hirro