The Iglesia ni Cristo has endorsed its 12 senatorial candidates for the 2022 elections.
The religious bloc declared its slate on its TV channel Net 25 last Tuesday.
Here are the 12 senatorial candidates of the influential religious bloc:
- Former Vice President Jejomar Binay
- Taguig Rep. Alan Peter Cayetano
- Former Senator JV Ejercito
- Former police chief Guillermo Eleazar
- Sorsogon Governor Francis Escudero
- Former Senator Jinggoy Estrada
- Senator Sherwin Gatchalian
- Antique Rep. Loren Legarda
- Actor Robin Padilla
- Senator Joel Villanueva
- Former Public Works and Highways Secretary Mark Villar
- Senator Juan Miguel Zubiri
The INC earlier endorsed the tandem of former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos, Jr. and Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio.
It also endorsed Marcos Jr. as its vice presidential bet for the 2016 elections. Marcos, Jr. lost to vice president Leni Robredo. He filed an electoral protest against Robredo which he also lost.
— Ronald Espartinez