Shopee on Friday announced that users have been given the option to donate via “Shopee Bayanihan” to support any of its 49 institutional partners including the Philippine Red Cross and Kaya Natin Movement.
“Shopee is fully committed in utilizing our platform for the greater good As the nation continues to adapt to the current situation, it is essential for us to step up and support the communities struggling to stay afloat,” Shopee Philippines Director Martin Yu said in a press release.
Through Shopee Bayanihan, Shopee said it was able to distribute digital packages to frontliners and transistor radios to students in rural areas for distance learning.
Users can donate through these methods via the Shopee website or application:
Purchasing Donation Vouchers
- Search for the partner foundation you want to donate to.
- Select the donation voucher you wish to purchase and add it to your cart.
- Complete the purchase through card payment, online banking, or ShopeePay.
- Receive the confirmation of your donation through a push notification.
You can also visit https://shopee.ph/m/shopee-bayanihan and https://shopee.ph/m/pamaskong-pambata to view the organizations you can donate to.
Donations via ShopeePay
- Go to your ShopeePay wallet action bar and tap “Scan.”
- Scan the QR code displayed on the partner’s social media account.
- Input the amount you wish to donate and tap “Confirm.”
- Enter your 6-digit ShopeePay PIN.
5. You will receive a confirmation of your donation. A.C.R. Biscocho