Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) members in action as they conduct their search and rescue operation for the 13 missing fisherfolks (Photo courtesy of coastguard.gov.ph)
The Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) has still not stopped its search and rescue operations for the 13 missing fishermen from Barangay Sisiman in Mariveles, Bataaan
It has been over two weeks since the fishing vessel FFB Three Sisters – 2 disappeared due to strong wind and big waves somewhere in the area of Bajo de Masinloc, Zambales.
Those who are subject to the search were identified as Bobby Gabales, Ronilo Epetito, Jeffrey Abayin, Frederick Falogme, Ariel Epetito, Almar Benocan, Joel Negrido, Dondon Narciso, Jerry Villaruel, Jerry Mantaring, Christian Gabales, Ruel Guico and boat captain, Laureano delos Santos.
The boat carrying 12 crew members and the skipper left Barangay Sisiman in Mariveles, Bataan on October 28 and was on their way home when they encountered bumpy waters on November 6.
Afloat for four days using a container, only Angelito Epetito Jr. was rescued along Bajo de Masinloc.
“We will also coordinate with the China Coast Guard if they were able to rescue some of them because there was a previous incident where [the] China Coast Guard and a passing vessel rescued the victims,” PCG spokesperson Captain Armand Balilo said.
Commander Airland Lapitan of the PCG-Bataan Provincial Station said a “Notice to Mariners” had been issued nationwide to adopt a more intense active search with three PCG boats dispatched to continue the search in the area.
“The alert involves fishing boats and sea vessels, including international vessels, once docked in Philippine ports,” Lapitan said.(Jojo Mangahis)