The country is expecting 2 million doses of vaccines from Russian and Chinese firms, Malacañang said on Thursday.
In a statement, Palace spokesman Harry Roque said 1,500,000 doses would come from Sinovac and 500,000 from Gamaleya.
The numbers were discussed in a Cabinet meeting President Rodrigo Duterte was absent from.
The country has so far received 2.25 million Covid-19 vaccine doses.
Of this number, 922,898 vaccines have already been administered, Roque said.
Roque also said the government “has been addressing the issue of hazard pay of healthcare workers.”
The Inter-Agency Task Force IATF on Emerging Infectious Diseases will meet on Saturday, April 10, to discuss the quarantine classification of the NCR-Plus bubble, Roque said.
NCR-Plus, composed of the National Capital Region, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal, is under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) until April 11. John Ezekiel J. Hirro