The National Capital Region’s (NCR) seven-day Covid-19 positivity rate increased slightly from 1.6% as of Feb. 11 to 1.7% as of Feb. 18, according to the OCTA Research group.
The positivity rate means the percentage of people who were positive for Covid-19 from the total number of individuals tested.
The following areas experienced the uptick as of Feb. 18:
- Cebu: from 0.8% to 1.4%
- Davao del Sur: from 2.8% to 3.8%
- Iloilo: from 0.5% to 1.0%
- Negros Occidental: 1.6% to 1.8%
- Pangasinan: from 0.8% to 0.9%
On the other hand, the following areas posted a decrease in its positivity rates:
- Batangas: from 1.1% to 0.7%
- Bulacan: from 0.8% to 0.7%
- Cavite: from 1.6% to 1.4%
- Laguna: from 1.9% to 1.1%
- Pampanga: from 1.5% to 0.7%
“The positivity rates in NCR and other major provinces remained LOW at less than 5%,” OCTA Research fellow Dr. Guido David said via a tweet.
— Ronald Espartinez