Metro Manila Development Authority chairman Benhur Abalos on Tuesday said his agency would talk to the Department of Education (DepEd) about restoring limited face-to-face (F2F) classes in the capital region.

“Makikipag-usap po kami kaagad sa (DepEd) dahil importante po ang ating edukasyon dito. Tandaan po ninyo bago nangyari lahat ito ay mayroon tayong pilot at napakaganda ng pilot na natin noong araw, talagang tuluy-tuloy na,” Abalos said in a “Laging Hand” briefing.

Metro Manila reverted to Alert Level 2 on Tuesday. Under Alert Level 2, limited-capacity basic education classes are allowed.

The country began inoculating minors aged 12 to 17 in October 2021.

The country will start rolling out Covid-19 vaccines for kids aged five to 11 on Feb. 4 in select Metro Manila areas.

Education Secretary Leonor Briones earlier said the pilot of F2F classes had been successful and the DepEd would push for expanding in-person classes in areas under Alert Level 1 and 2.

Participation in F2F classes amid the Covid-19 pandemic is not mandatory. John Ezekiel J. Hirro