Education Secretary Leonor Briones on Wednesday said face-to-face (F2F) graduation ceremonies had become “very possible” due to the country’s current Covid-19 situation.

In a “Laging Handa” briefing, Briones said schools allowed to hold F2F classes would be considered for F2F graduation ceremonies.

“Kung may klase na tayo, may [F2F] na tayo, ang susunod na tanong ay iyong graduation. Iyong expectations saka guidelines na ini-impose natin for [F2F], ganoon din sa graduation.” she said.

“Ang talagang pinakaimportante sa amin iyong compliance ng requirements ng Department of Health dahil at the end of the day, ang binabantayan naman natin iyong kalusugan ng ating mga bata at mga teachers, at mga staff, as well as the parents. So, very possible iyong [F2F] graduation dahil may [F2F] tayong classes,” she added.

In-person basic education classes are currently allowed under Alert Level 1 and 2, the dominant alert level nationwide.

The Department of Education earlier this week said 17,479 public and private schools had been nominated to conduct F2F classes amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

There are about 3.1 million students participating in classroom-based learning nationwide. John Ezekiel J. Hirro