The Commission on Elections (Comelec) on Saturday announced the extension of voter registration hours in Metro Manila and six other areas.
Voter registration on Saturdays will also be reopened up to 5 p.m.
The adjusted voter registration hours and days will be implemented in the following areas:
- Metro Manila
- municipalities of Alcala and San Quintin in Pangasinan
- Tarlac City and the municipalities of Capas and Concepcion in Tarlac
- all municipalities and cities in Quezon Province
- Labo, Camarines Norte
- Castilla, Sorsogon
- cities of Cebu, Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu in Cebu Province
Meanwhile, the following areas will have 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. registration hours on weekdays, Oct. 16 and 23:
- municipalities of Anda, Sto. Tomas and Sual in Pangasinan
- municipalities of Aringay, Balaoan and Caba in La Union
- all cities and municipalities of Ilocos Sur
- municipalities of Balatan, Bula, Cabusao, Goa, Lagonoy, Libmanan, Magarao, Minalabac, Ragay, Sagnay, San Fernando, San Jose, Tigaon and Tinambac in Camarines Sur
“The rest of the country will follow the registration days and hours of Mondays to Fridays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, registration will be conducted on the last day, October 30, 2021, which is a Saturday,” the Comelec said in a press release.
The Comelec earlier extended the voter registration period, which was supposed to end on Sept. 30, until Oct. 30. John Ezekiel J. Hirro