President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. has pledged to help find the people behind the fatal shooting of veteran broadcaster Percy Lapid, Executive Secretary Lucas Bersamin said.

Bersamin visited Lapid’s wake on Thursday, according to the Presidential Task Force on Media Security.

“We are ready to help. The president wants to send that message,” Bersamin said.

“Everything will be done to get to the bottom of this,” he added.

Lapid, a broadcaster critical of the Duterte and Marcos Jr. administrations, was gunned down by two men while he was on his way home on Monday.

Senior Deputy Executive Secretary Hubert Guevara earlier said Palace officials had been tasked to monitor the probe on the broadcaster’s death as Marcos Jr. was “concerned” of what happened to Lapid.

The family of the slain broadcaster has “strongly condemned” Lapid’s murder.

“We strongly condemn this deplorable crime; it was committed not only against Percy, his family, and his profession, but against our country, his beloved Philippines, and the truth,” they said in a statement. John Ezekiel J. Hirro