Davao de Oro was struck by a magnitude 5.9 earthquake on Tuesday afternoon, according to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs).
The quake happened at 2:02 p.m. with its epicenter located at 8 km southeast of New Bataan municipality.
The quake had a depth of 10 km and was tectonic in origin.
The following intensities were recorded at the following areas:
- Intensity V – Maco, Maragusan, Nabunturan, New Bataan, and Pantukan, Davao de Oro
- Intensity IV – Monkayo, Davao de Oro; Tagum City, Davao del Norte; City of Bislig, Surigao del Sur
- Intensity III – Santa Cruz, Davao del Sur; Davao City; City of Mati, Davao Oriental
- Intensity II – Cagayan de Oro City; Antipas, Carmen, and Kidapawan City, Cotabato; Columbio, Sultan Kudarat
- Intensity I – Aleosan, Cotabato; Esperanza, Lutayan, and President Quirino, Sultan Kudarat
— Ronald Espartinez